Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Daylight come and I want go home"

No, I'm not talking about our eagerness to leave, but rather an inspirational film that Margaret and I saw this morning about Harry Belafonte called "Sing Your Song." Produced by his youngest daughter Gina, this film depicts not only the musical development of this popular singer, but also the activism that has been part of his adult life from early on. From civil rights to famine in Africa to gang violence in LA to blacks in prison, Belafonte serves as a model to us all, leading us to ask, in the words of Ruby Dee, "What's my assignment?"

I believe that this film would work well in our festival, whether in association with the Frederick Douglass Honor Society, Chesapeake College, or even Mid-Shore high schools. I met with Miss Belafonte after the film and gave her my CFF business card, telling her to expect our request for a screener.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This article will assist the internet viewers for building up
new webpage or even a weblog from start to end.

my page: What is Green Coffee