Sunday, January 24, 2010

First star sighting!

Ten feet from my hotel room, I saw my first star! Mark Ruffalo (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Where the Wild Things Are). He was chatting with his lady.

After waking in the five o'clock hour, we made it to BWI on time. Poor Doug is really sick. Like get-out-the-barf-bag sick. The poor guy looks grey. There can't be too many fluids left. I have been anointing myself with hand sanitizer like somebody with OCD. Can't get sick at Sundance. This is the big dance!

I went to pick up tickets at the booth. I could make necklaces out of all the movies we are going to see this week. Hard hitting docs, dramas, Philip Seymour Hoffman's new directorial debut, and even an experimental film about consciousness and the state of the world.

I am like a kid in a candy shop. I can feel the buzz when I walk around the snow-covered streets. Pretty women with clipboards manage parties and who gets in. I crane my neck discreetly looking for which stars are being trotted out just beyond my eyes. What's all the buzz about?

So here are a couple of shots from day one. Doug started out sleepy and it went downhill from there. We have movies to watch tomorrow, so we both agree there is…

…no time to be ill.

Wish us well.

Tom

5 comments:

watch avatar movie said...

Pretty nice post. I just came across your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really liked reading your posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing to your blog and I hope you post again soon!

melissaclicks said...

Wow, that's too bad that Doug is sick! You guys hang in and keep up the fun posts. We can follow your trial. of crumbs! M

Anonymous said...

We can ship crab soup it heals quicker than chicken soup!e

Talbot Tourism said...

Talbot Tourism thinking of you and all the hard work you are doing for our County and The Chesapeake Film Festival 2010. Doug, feel better, Tom - don't get it !!!!

Marie U'Ren said...

Doug, hope you are feeling better. Remember guys from NY are tough - or I guess you can just "act" like you are feeling fine. Seriously, I hope whatever you have is short-lived and you can enjoy the experience.

PS Great pic of the photographer at the airport.